Have you ever heard of Kobido massage? In case this is the first time you hear about this type of massage keep reading because you will surely find its story extremely interesting.
What does Kobido mean?
The word “Kobido” means something similar to “Ancient way to beauty”. It is a massage with a millenary origin that according to the legend was used in the antiquity in the form of therapy by the different Japanese emperors because thanks to these facial massages they could have a beautiful and smooth skin like the one of the porcelain.
How to give a Kobido massage
Nowadays, Kobido massage continues to be an alternative for many people who want to look a little younger or preserved by taking off a few years of their face without having to undergo surgical processes that besides being dangerous can be quite expensive.
Benefits of Kobido massage
Now that you know a little more about this fantastic massage of Japanese origin, it’s time to talk a little about the great benefits of applying Kobido massage to our face, then I’ll tell you about some of them.
- It helps to rejuvenate the skin, making it look much younger. It is due to the facial toning produced by the technique used.
- Receiving this fantastic massage turns out to be an incredibly relaxing practise, which helps to significantly reduce stress as well as to eliminate a large amount of bacteria and toxins that accumulate in the face, especially in the most superficial layers of the skin.
- Another great benefit of Kobido massage is that it helps to eliminate the tension of the facial muscles as well as the contractures that can form in the area of the face, also producing, a repairing activity that allows the automatic repair of the cells of the skin.
- Energetically, Kobido massage also has a positive impact, because its application helps to stimulate the nervous system, thus providing a body and energy balance.
How to give a Kobido massage
In addition to being a beauty treatment, it is a massage that serves to work the health of the skin. The best thing is that we can give ourselves a Kobido massage and thus perform a healthy activity for our skin or ask someone to help if we have a folding aesthetic massage table sure makes it better than ourselves.
When applying the Kobido massage, you must try to have your face well lubricated to avoid any irritation.
Massages are performed with dragging and friction movements to mobilize the fat on your face. It is essential to give these massages always in the same direction of the lymphatic circulation as if we were doing a drainage.
It should be applied slowly as the aim is to relax the facial muscles. The duration of these massages should not be longer than five minutes, and it is advisable to apply it at least once a day.
If you want to know in a more detailed way how to perform this fantastic Kobido massage, then we will teach you the method to follow to achieve this tremendous Japanese lifting step by step.
Steps of the Kobido massage
- The first step is to prepare the facial area to be worked on. It is the phase where the cleaning and drainage is done to correctly make the skin for the massage.
- In this second phase, natural products are used, such as grape oils or any other type of non-cosmetic product that fulfils the purpose of keeping the face moist. As mentioned above is quite important to facilitate those movements of friction on the face and thus avoid any injury; this phase serves to tone the face and give it luminosity.
- It is at this stage that the famous Japanese lifting is performed since it is at this point that the speed of the hand movements is increased. It is important to note that even though the rate is increased, the person (or ourselves) should never feel any discomfort or pain that prevents them from relaxing. If that happens, it means that something is being done wrong, since this massage, in spite of its speed, must still preserve its affection, delicacy and softness.
- It is the last phase of the Kobido massage, here we try to press with the fingers some of the different points of pain or points of acupuncture that serve to release the stress and to offer that energy balance that is so well-known by the Eastern culture. In this part of the massage, the masseur tries to focus on some points where patients may suffer some pain or discomfort to alleviate such discomfort.
As you have seen, this fantastic massage of ancient origin has excellent benefits, both physically and energetically. As not only is the ideal choice for many people who want to look much healthier and radiant skin without having to go through surgery, as they did the Japanese empresses in antiquity as this was one of the secrets they had to look that skin as smooth as porcelain.
In addition to the physical benefits, Kobido massage will also help you to keep your energy points balanced. You are using finger pressure on different aspects of the face in a way quite similar to what is usually done in Chinese acupuncture therapies, which turns out to be a natural treatment for physical ailments.
So if you have not yet had this fantastic and revitalizing experience of feeling the relaxation and rejuvenation that an excellent oriental face massage provides. Don’t wait any longer and try it; it will surely make you feel much more alive and full of energy.